Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Ginapalooza

Matty went home with her mommy tonight :( So there won't be any updates for a while. In the meantime, here's a recap of the reason why Matty stayed in the kennel this weekend --

My dear friend Gina was finally graduating from Pepperdine with a Doctorate in Clinical Psychology, so I flew out to Los Angeles for the ceremony (and to catch up with and make new friends). Once I got to LA, I met the Asian dynamo known as Jane. Much swearing and very un-PC humor ensued. I also finally got to meet Gina's fantastic boyfriend Chris. We grabbed lunch at a little Italian joint called Dolce where I got to meet the lovable Kim.

After lunch, there was napping and a viewing of "The Office" at Chris' apartment. We then went down to Culver City to watch Prince Caspian and followed that up with dinner at Tender Greens.
Jane, Me, and Gina

After the movie, we went back to the hotel where the usual shenanigans took place.

Eventually, Colette and Cliff showed up, and we called it a night.

The next morning, we made our way to Pepperdine's gorgeous Malibu campus. Seriously, how does anyone get any work done with a view like this?!We stuck around the stage long enough to see Gina get her fancy, new degree. Then we sauntered over to the shade.



(Group shot courtesy of Tracy)

After the ceremony, we all went to to Todai in Woodland Hills and made quick work of their buffet.

After lunch, we went to Corbin Bowl in Tarzana where we bowled (duh), played video games, and sang the great new Congratulations song we learned at Todai.




We went to Pinkberry in Venice for frozen yogurt and followed that up with dinner at Hop Woo.


(Todai, bowling, and Hop Woo photos courtesy of Tracy)

After dinner, we went back to the hotel to gather ourselves before heading out for cocktails at Baja Cantina in Marina Del Rey.


Finally, we headed back to the hotel where we wolfed down some leftover Chinese food. The next morning I flew home (while nursing a bit of a hangover). All in all, a super fun weekend!

No comments: